Sunday, January 27, 2008

Barack Sinks Hillary's Ship in S.C.

I just sat watching Barack Obama drive the last nails in Hillary's coffin. What a victory speech! I don't even like speeches, but I liked this one. I couldn't help but chuckle at the fact that, a couple of nights ago, all the Republican candidates, save Ron Paul, were touting Hillary as their future opponent. But none of them watch or pay attention to the polls.

McCain doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell against Barack. Nor do any of the "top tier" Bozo's running for the Republican nomination. That's why they were touting Hillary during the last debate. They would rather run against Hillary, not because she's a woman, but because she is perceived by many American voters as a cold heartless bitch. Like I said before, perception, and image mean so much to Americans.

Barack will not get my vote because I'm not deceived by the charm, the wonderful speaking ability, or youthful appearance. Despite all of that, I don't agree with the man on the issues.

I'm sitting here, second cup of coffee in hand, rehashing Barack's "Blue Print for change". Wonderful stuff. Really, it is, but let's focus on one small issue under his plan for the economy and educating the workforce. Who wouldn't want American schools to be competitive with the rest of the world? I live in Germany. I'm sick and tired of listing to Germans look down their long. bony, and dreadfully arrogant snouts and tell me how sub par American education is when matched with theirs. That's not entirely true first of all, and I could argue way but I'd be veering off my main point; that being, the problem with Barack's blueprint.

America is a huge country. In fact, its fifty individual "countries" bound together by one Constitution. No where in that Constitution does it suggest that the government of the United States of America should finance and overseer the schools in each of the 50 States. In essence, that is why we have state governments in the first place. Logically speaking why shouldn't a state government know better the educational needs for its schools? Perhaps Congress would have to pass a law that forced each State to live up to a particular standard, but that would be much cheaper than paying for the expansion of the Department of Education with American tax dollars.

That's the problem with Barack "Blueprint for Change" in a nutshell. There is no way to escape the fact that taxes will have to be raised in order to finance Barack's Utopian America. Still, great speech!

No comments: